- 1 1/2 ounces medium rice noodles
- 1/3 cup broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper strips
- 1/3 cup fresh snow peas
- 3/4 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast or vegetarian meat substitute
- 3 tablespoons shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons bottled Thai-style peanut sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Dash chili powder (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsalted dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain. Rinse with cold water. Drain well. Set aside.
2. In nonstick large skillet or wok coated with cooking spray, stir-fry broccoli and bell pepper over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Stir in snow peas. Stir-fry for 1 minute more. Remove vegetables from skillet. Set aside.
3. Add oil to same skillet. Add meat substitute or chicken. Stir-fry over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Return vegetables to wok. Stir in carrot, peanut sauce, soy sauce and ground red pepper (if desired). Add noodles. Toss until combined and heated through. Sprinkle with peanuts.