10 Rules for Being Human
I recently had decided to re-read "If Life is a Game, These are the Rules", by Dr Cherie Carter-Scott’. In the book she shares 10 wonderful rules for being human, rules that are meant to help you live a healthier, happier, more abundant and meaningful life. Because I really like the messages she conveys, I thought it would be nice to share these rules with you.
1. You will receive a body: You may like it or hate it, but it’s yours to keep for the entire period.
2. You will learn lessons: You are enrolled in a full-time, informal school called life.
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons: Growth is a process of trial, error and experimentation. The “failed” experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiments that ultimately “work”.
4. Lessons are repeated until they are learned: A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can go on to the next lesson.
5. Learning lessons does not end: There is no part of life that doesn't contain it’s lessons. If you’re alive, there are still lessons to be learned.
6. “There” is no better than “here”: When your “there” has become “here”, you will simply obtain another “there” that will again look better than “here”.
7. Other people are merely mirrors of you: You can not love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.
8. What you make of your life is up to you: You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
9. Your answers lie inside of you: All you need to do is look, listen, and trust.
10. You will forget all of this at birth: You can remember it if you want by unraveling the double helix of inner knowing.
From these 10 rules, my favorites are number 3 - There are no mistakes, only lessons, and number 8 - What you make of your life is up to you. They make perfect sense to me.
Comment which one is your favorite!